Project Management, Procurement and Cost Control
At Studio Loci we maintain a 'hands on' approach with many of our schemes acting as project managers to ensure quality and efficient implementation. Completed projects where we have played a principal designer role include Chilworth Manor and Edge House
We are able to work with our clients and guide them through the detailed process on contractual preparation. We can use recognised contractual forms including JCT Intermediate building contracts as well as the Landscapes Institutes JCLI contract. We strive to keep clients up to date with the latest CDM regulations and how this could effect the contractual process. As a practice we provide fair and sound advice, which minimises any potential conflicts of interest.
Our professional nature is carried through all stages of contract preparation, implementation and on site monitoring ensuring a strong relationship with the client and the various disciplines involved in a project.
Our role includes:
- Project program with key dates, outlining roles and responsibilities
- Acting role as principal Designers
- Transparency as project managers
- Monthly Valuations and forecasting
- Architects Instructions
- Request for further information
- Bill of quantities and schedule of materials and monitoring of variables
- Value Engineering
- Applications of time extensions
- Monthly and quarterly program reports
- Sourcing of contractors
- Attainment of local and sustainably sourced building materials
- Monitoring of cost against budget throughout a scheme.